Diversity Scholarship Details
Eligibility Requirements - Diversity Scholarships
Only applications that meet all eligibility requirements will be reviewed.
- To apply, applicants must be members of MSSA and must maintain active membership throughout the award period. Membership for students is free; more information can be found here.
- Students must be enrolled in an accredited program at a nonprofit academic institution leading to a degree in a health and human service-related field. Common majors and Masters programs include, but are not limited to:
- Social Work
- Healthcare Services Administration
- Alcohol and Drug Studies
- Family Consumer Science
- Health Science
- Criminal Justice
- Human Development and Family Services
- Public Administration
- The scholarship award recipient will be asked to submit verification of enrollment for the Fall 2023 semester.
- Preference is given to applicants planning to work in the Midwest—Minnesota, Wisconsin, Iowa, South Dakota or North Dakota.
- For the Undergraduate Diversity Scholarship, applicants must:
- Be an incoming junior or senior in the 2023-2024 academic year and have at least two full semesters (i.e., fall and spring semesters) left before graduating.
- Have declared a health and human service-related major.
- For the Graduate Diversity Scholarship, applicants must:
- At the start of the 2023-2024 academic year, have at least two full semesters (i.e., fall and spring semesters) left before graduating.
- Have applied to, have been accepted into, or are currently enrolled in an accredited graduate degree program. Payment of the award will be contingent on the full admission of the candidate into the program.