Submit Your 2019 Presentation Proposals
MSSA and the MSSA Conference and Education Committee would like to invite all interested speakers to submit your education presentation proposals for the MSSA 126th Annual Training Conference & Expo.
We are seeking energetic and engaging speakers and leaders who can share their knowledge, experiences and best practice techniques to provide professional development relevant to the health and human service field.
Submit your ideas for the opportunity to present at the conference and make a difference in communities across Minnesota. As an added bonus, lead speakers get a complimentary conference registration and a 1-year complimentary MSSA Membership!
The 2019 MSSA Annual Training Conference & Expo will take place in Minneapolis, Minnesota, March 20-22, 2019.
The regular call for proposals has closed.
Notification of acceptance will be received by January 31st.
Student Showcase Submissions are still being accepted until January 31, 2019.
to submit a student presentation proposal.
Our goal is to fulfill the educational needs of our diverse audience by providing a selection of relevant topics addressed by top-notch presenters. Over 3,000 social service professionals attend this event including social workers, social service specialists, child and adult protection staff, psychologists, marriage and family therapists, professional clinical counselors, and others in the human services field. Approximately 100-300 people attend each session. Presentation proposals that are relevant to a cross-section of members are more likely to be selected, and a focus on MSSA’s Core Values of Social Responsibility, Equity, and Inclusion is appreciated.
Education Session Topics
We are accepting presentation proposals for 90 minute, 120 minute (Ethics) and 1/2 day (3.25 hour) breakout sessions for this conference. The following topics will be the focus of our tracks in 2019:
- Adult Services (Adult Protection, Guardianship, Person-centered Planning, MnChoices Assessment, Aging, Supported Group Decision-making)
- Behavioral Health (Mental Health, Addiction/Recovery, Chemical Health)
- Child Well-Being (Child Protection, Adoption, Foster Care, Kinship, Licensing)
- Developmental Disabilities
- Diversity & Inclusion (Racial and ethnic disparities in systems, cultural education, LGBTQ)
- Ethics (2 hours long)
- Health & Wellness (Self-care, Safety)
- Macro (Program Development and Evaluation, Grant Writing, Research, Social Justice, Advocacy)
- Hot Topics (Housing/Homelessness, Veterans Issues, Criminal Justice, Domestic Violence etc.)
Dates to Remember
- Proposal Submissions Accepted Beginning Early December 2018
- Proposal Submission Deadline: Friday, December 21, 2018 at 11:59 p.m. CT
- Conference Invitations: January 31, 2019
- Session Materials Due: March 4, 2019 for posting pre-conference or April 1, 2019
- MSSA 126th Annual Training Conference: March 20-22, 2019 – Minneapolis, MN
Commercial / Promotional Presentations
Presentations must be educational in nature and may NOT sell or otherwise promote a product, service, or organization in which you have a financial interest.