Terms and Conditions
MSSA Career Center is a resource for individuals seeking paid and unpaid positions in the nonprofit sector. As such, postings are limited to nonprofit organizations, government entities and MSSA associate members. MSSA's Career Center includes listings for unpaid positions, but is not a database of volunteer positions. There are many helpful resources in the community to help connect organizations offering opportunities with those seeking volunteer opportunities including MAP for Nonprofits, HandsOn Twin Cities, and at individual nonprofits. These terms and conditions will govern the use by individuals posting jobs (“Poster(s)”) as well as the use by individual job seekers (“Job Seeker(s)”) of the MSSA Career Center.
Accepting the Terms
By accessing or posting on the MSSA Career Center, Posters and Job Seekers agree to be bound by these terms and conditions. MSSA may amend the terms and conditions at any time by posting the amended terms on MSSA's website.
Postings are free for MSSA member agencies. Nonmember nonprofits, government entities, and MSSA associate members may post jobs at the rate of $200 per position, and payment must be received before the job is posted online. Eligible agencies may join MSSA and post for free. Entities posting positions on behalf of an MSSA member organization may post a job for free, but doing so requires access to the Career Center on behalf of the member organization. Postings will remain online for 30 days unless an earlier deadline is provided. Once the deadline has passed, the posting will be removed. Expired postings are eligible to be re-posted at the same rates.
Conditions on Use
As a condition of accessing and using the MSSA Career Center, Posters and Job Seekers agree to:
- Comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws, including employment and privacy laws when using the MSSA Career Center or when interacting with a Poster or a Job Seeker
- Avoid submitting, uploading, posting, emailing, or otherwise transmitting any content that is threatening, abusive, harassing, hateful, defamatory, discriminatory, sexually explicit, offensive or otherwise unlawful
- Provide accurate information, and to avoid posting or otherwise transmitting false, inaccurate or misleading information
- Use the MSSA Career Center in a professional manner
- Avoid duplicating or copying information posted on the MSSA Career Center unless expressly permitted to do so
- Avoid transmitting any information or content that is subject to copyright or other intellectual property protections
- Avoid posting any job requirement that discriminates on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, familial status, membership or activity in a local commission, disability, sexual orientation, or age
MSSA reserves the right to remove any postings that it determines violates any of the conditions listed above.
Conditions of Postings
The MSSA Career Center may not be used for illegal or unlawful purposes. Posters may not post any information which defames or otherwise harms another individual or organization, or is knowingly false or inaccurate. Posters may not post job openings for another organization, unless they have the express permission of that organization to do so.
Posters are required to ensure that postings do not discriminate against any potential employees. Specifically, MSSA requires all Posters to abide by federal and state laws relating to discrimination in the workplace, including the Minnesota Human Rights Act (MHRA).
The MHRA provides that except when based on a bona fide occupational qualification, it is an unfair employment practice for an employer, because of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, familial status, membership or activity in a local commission, disability, sexual orientation, or age to:
1. refuse to hire or to maintain a system of employment which unreasonably excludes a person seeking employment; or
2. discharge an employee; or
3. discriminate against a person with respect to hiring, tenure, compensation, terms, upgrading, conditions, facilities, or privileges of employment.
Best Practices for Job Postings
It is the policy of MSSA to remain non-partisan, and as a result, MSSA does not permit campaign-related positions to be posted in the Career Center. Posters should consider the following guidelines when posting jobs:
- Please include detailed instructions for how job seekers should apply. This can be by mail, email, a web form link, or a combination.
- Keeping the job seeker in mind, please remember that accuracy and consistency with posting close dates is appreciated.
- Do not use acronyms within your organization’s name for better recognition of a potential employer.
- Include a salary range to help job seekers make a better assessment of fit.
MSSA Disclaimer of Liabilities and Remedies
The MSSA Career Center offers Posters and Job Seekers a place to connect. Posters are responsible for posting content and MSSA does not control the legality, truth or accuracy of the content posted by Posters. Likewise, MSSA does not control the content posted or transmitted by Job Seekers. Posters and Job Seekers assume all risks associated with using the MSSA Career Center. Posters are solely responsible for the legality of their job postings. MSSA is not liable to Posters, Job Seekers or third parties for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential, punitive or exemplary damages, including but not limited to: lost profits, losses resulting from the use or inability to use the MSSA Career Center or the reliance on any information posted on the MSSA Career Center or any other potential loss related to the use of the MSSA Career Center. In no event shall MSSA's liability to any Poster or Job Seeker relating to the use of the MSSA Career Center exceed $100.
Disclaimer of Warranties
Posters and Job Seekers use the MSSA Career Center at their own risk. The MSSA Career Center is provided “as is,” and MSSA expressly disclaims all warranties of any kind with respect to the MSSA Career Center, including implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and non-infringement, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE ACCURACY OR USEFULNESS OF THE MSSA Career Center. If you have any questions or concerns regarding your posting or MSSA's Career Center, please send an email to email@example.com or call 651-644-0556.