Continuing Education Hours
Conference attendees can earn up to 20 hours of continuing education for certification purposes. MSSA typically applies for Continuing Education Hours (CEH) through the following:
- Minnesota Board of Social Work
- MN Board of Examiners for Nursing Home Administrators
- Minnesota Board of Marriage and Family Therapy
- Minnesota Board of Psychology
- MN Board of Behavioral Health & Therapy
- National Council on Family Relations
- MN Department of Human Services-Child Protection
- MN Department of Human Services-Adult Protection
- NEW - (Pending Application) Certified Psychiatric Rehabilitation Practitioner (CPRP)
Clinical Post-Test Required for Qualifying Sessions
Session presenters are required to provide a clinical post-test for licensed clinical social workers (LICSW) in the form of a multiple question quiz at the end of your PowerPoint presentation if your presentation touches on one of these six clinical knowledge areas:
- Differential diagnosis and biopsychosocial assessment, including normative development and psychopathology across the lifespan;
- Assessment-based clinical treatment planning with measurable goals;
- Clinical intervention methods informed by research and current standards of practice;
- Evaluation methodologies;
- Social work values and ethics, including cultural context, diversity, and social policy; or
- Culturally specific clinical assessment and intervention.
We recommend one question per slide with the answers shown in one slide at the end of the PowerPoint slides for reference.
Questions? Contact Sharon Hollister, MSSA's Director of Professional Development, at email@example.com
or by phone at 651.789.4331.