Conference Participant Policies
Disability Access Requests:
The Hilton Minneapolis hotel is wheelchair accessible. Sign language interpreters may attend at no charge. To request other accommodations, please contact Sharon Hollister at firstname.lastname@example.org. Providing at least 4-6 weeks advance notice will help to ensure availability.
By registering for this conference, you agree to be bound by the following terms:
Cancellation/Refund/Returned Check Policy: Cancellations must be received in writing no later than February 20 and are subject to a $25 processing fee. Refunds will be processed within 30 days after the conference. Refunds will not be granted after February 20 nor will they be given for no-shows. Please email cancellation requests to email@example.com. Returned check fee is $30. Please write registrant's name on check.
Registrant Substitution/Share Policy: If a registrant is unable to attend, a substitute may be sent in his/her place. Only one substitute is allowed per original registrant. Please email substitutions to firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible. Each person attending the conference must submit a separate registration form. This includes all individuals registering under the block rate. Conference attendance cannot be split between employees.
Consent to Use of Photographic Images: All attendees acknowledge that they may be photographed while at events, and that those photos may be used for promotional purposes, in MSSA publications, websites, and on social media. Any recording of sessions (audio, video, still photography, etc.) intended for personal use, distribution, publication, or copyright without the express written consent of MSSA and the individual authors is strictly prohibited.
Liability Waiver/Release: As an attendee at the MSSA Annual Training Conference & Expo, I release MSSA from all liability and agree not to sue MSSA or those acting on their behalf, for any expense, loss, damage, personal injury, theft or actions of any kind that I incur and I assume full responsibility.
Conference Code of Conduct: MSSA is dedicated to providing a fabulous conference experience for all participants. When we gather at MSSA as part of a larger health and human services community, our goal is to provide a safe, inclusive and welcoming environment to all. This code of conduct outlines our expectations for all those who participate in this conference community. We invite all of you to help us create this safe and positive experience for everyone.
As health and human services professionals our collective, positive actions are essential to counteract the many forms of inequity and abuses of power that exists in our society and which adversely affect those that we worked with and for. We understand that space can be crowded from time to time and MSSA makes attempts to limit congestion and add space to the best of our ability, as a community we encourage attendees to:
- refrain from placing items in the seat next to them, and allow other participants a seat
- refrain from reserving multiple chairs
- many of us have disabilities that you cannot see; please respect requests for aisle seats, or seating to the front or the back of the room
- there are a number of attendees with accessibility accommodations – be cautious of walkers, wheelchairs and service animals
- be considerate to the needs of those that may have sensitivities to fragranced products limiting or eliminating the use of scented products
- minimize disturbances by setting all cell phones and electronic devices on "silent" while in sessions and limiting conversations while presenters are speaking
- be mindful of your surroundings and of your fellow participants
- participate with MSSA’s Core Beliefs and Values in mind
Questions? Contact the MSSA office at 651.644.0556 or email@example.com for assistance.