There are many ways to get involved at MSSA:
1. Become a member: MSSA is powered by members. Annual membership dues enable MSSA to provide high-quality educational opportunities, networking events, and a public policy program. Click here to join. Click here for more information about member benefits.
2. Attend an event: MSSA events are opportunities for networking, education, and advocacy.
Check our calendar for a full list of upcoming events.
3. Participate in your region: MSSA's statewide membership is divided into regional chapters. Click here to learn more and find your region. Each region works on issues and events specific to their local chapter. The following regions are currently active:
- Region 1 contact, Scott Sommers, email@example.com
- Region 2 is in the midst of creating a region board. For more information contact Christina Zeise, MSSA Executive Director at firstname.lastname@example.org or 651.789.4327
- Region 3 Board Chair, Reina Irvine, email@example.com
- Region 4 Board Chair, Kendra Lund, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Region 5 does not have an active region at this time. There are resources available to assist in developing region 5. Please contact Christina Zeise, MSSA Executive Director at email@example.com or 651.789.4327 for details.
- Region 6 Board Chair, Julie Aalfs, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Region 7 Board Chair, Lisa Goranson, email@example.com
- Region 8 Board Chair, Stephanie Bengsten, firstname.lastname@example.org or Emilie Potter, email@example.com
- Region 9 Board Chair, Bill Anderson, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Region 10 does not have an active region at this time. There are resources available to assist in developing region 10. Please contact Christina Zeise, MSSA Executive Director at email@example.com or 651-644-0556 for details.
- Metro Region 3 Co-chairs: Dawn Smith-Wright, firstname.lastname@example.org or Jennifer Fisher, email@example.com or Amanda Abrahamson, Amanda.Abrahamson@co.ramsey.mn.us
If you would like to attend your region's next meeting, contact firstname.lastname@example.org for information.
4. Join a committee: MSSA is currently looking for members to join the following committees:
- Public Policy and Advocacy Committee: The legislative committee works with MSSA's board and staff to build and implement strategies to support MSSA’s public policy agenda. Committee members review and recommend policy positions in line with MSSA’s mission, develop partnerships to advance our advocacy work, and educate MSSA's membership of the benefits of public policy engagement and advocacy. For more information, contact Marney Thomas email@example.com or Christina Zeise at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Conference and Education Committee: The Conference and Education Committee is charged with the review and selection of session topics and speakers and the execution of the educational program for MSSA’s conference held annually in March. We are currently looking for new members who are interested in working on the 2020 Conference planning process. Contact Sharon Hollister at email@example.com
MSSA Conference and Education Committee Overview
5. Write a legislative resolution proposal: MSSA's Public Policy Agenda is made of legislative resolution proposals. A legislative resolution is a short, 1-page proposal that describes a problem and suggests a legislative solution. At MSSA's annual Public Policy and Advocacy Summit, members from around the state come together to discuss legislative resolution proposals, and use them to create MSSA's Public Policy Agenda that guides MSSA's lobbying efforts during the legislative session. Click here to learn more about legislative resolution proposals and to download the form.
For more information about getting involved at MSSA, contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Stay up-to-date by following MSSA on social media! Check out our Facebook and Twitter pages.