Adult Foster Care Award
MSSA recognizes exceptional foster care provided to adults through the Adult Foster Care Award. Nominees should demonstrate outstanding efforts of providing a stable and supportive environment which allows for client growth and development.
MSSA considers the following when selecting Adult Foster Care Award winners:
Click here to submit a nomination online. Please click here to download the nomination form as a Word Doc. Return forms to email@example.com.
- How foster care providers are unique; what sets them apart from other providers
- Nominee's ability to work with the placing agency, family members and community resources
- Participation in community projects and activities that promote and strengthen the foster care delivery system
- Nominee's ability to understand and recognize the needs of those placed in their care—to be accepted and respected as an individual, treated with dignity and valued for their contributions
- Nominee's ability to meet the client's needs for care and support while encouraging growth
- Evidence of a deep commitment to foster care as shown by length of service, intensity of care and dedication