MSSA will award a $1000 scholarship for the 2018-2019 academic year to an undergraduate student enrolled in a health and human service related major or program. Applicants must have at least two semesters of college remaining during the relevant school year.
The applicants shall be judged upon the following criteria:
- Has been accepted for admission, or is currently enrolled, in an undergraduate education program in the health and human services field
- Will be enrolled as a full time college junior or senior during the 2018 fall semester
- Can demonstrate how s/he plans to use their degree in the health and human service field
- Is enrolled in a Minnesota, Wisconsin, Iowa, North Dakota or South Dakota college/university
- Possesses the ability to successfully complete the chosen course of study
- Demonstrates financial need
- Is a student from a historically marginalized background or underrepresented—this can include (but is not limited to) racial/ethnic background, country of origin, gender, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, age, physical abilities, and religion.
The Board of Directors, through the Membership and Diversity Committee is the administering body for the MSSA Scholarship Program. The review and selection of applicants is managed by the Awards and Scholarship Chair.
To apply, applicants must provide the following:
- Complete answers to the questions on the application form
- A copy of most recent college transcript demonstrating the applicant received at least a 3.0 grade point average (unofficial transcripts will be accepted)
- One (1) letter of reference
Applicants must be a current member of MSSA. Student memberships are free for all full-time students enrolled in a health and human service related degree program. To register for your student membership, start here.
Scholarship application must be received by the MSSA office between April 1, 2018 and May 31, 2018.
Scholarship recipients will be published in various MSSA communications, including (but not limited to) the membership newsletter, website, and social media. Scholarship recipients will be asked to submit verification of attendance for the fall semester 2018.
Contact MSSA Staff at firstname.lastname@example.org or 651-789-4328 with questions.