Our goal is to fulfill the educational needs of our diverse audience by providing a selection of relevant topics addressed by knowledgeable presenters. Over 3,000 social service professionals attend this event including social workers, social service specialists, child and adult protection staff, psychologists, marriage and family therapists, professional clinical counselors, and others in the health and human services field. Approximately 60-300 people attend each session. Presentation proposals that are relevant to a cross-section of members are more likely to be selected, and a focus on MSSA’s Core Values of Social Responsibility, Equity, and Inclusion is appreciated.
Education Session Topics
We are accepting presentation proposals for 60 minute, 90 minute, and 120 minute breakout sessions. Any sessions that fit within our track topics below are welcome. Additional topic ideas for 2022 include:
- New programs and innovative solutions to current community needs
- Presentations featuring personal testimony or centering first-hand experiences of clients/community members.
- Pandemic-related topics such as Grief and Loss, Mental Health, Workforce Shortages, Loneliness, SUD, etc.
- Topics related to MSSA’s 2022 Legislative Agenda
- Adult Services (Adult Protection, Guardianship, Person-centered Planning, MN Choices Assessment, Aging, Supported Group Decision-making)
- Behavioral Health (Mental Health, Addiction/Recovery, Chemical Health)
- Child Well-Being (Child Protection, Adoption, Foster Care, Kinship, Licensing)
- Developmental Disabilities
- Diversity, Equity & Inclusion (Racial and ethnic disparities in systems, Cultural Responsiveness, LGBTQIA, Access to services)
- Health & Wellness (Self-care, Safety)
- Macro Practice (Program Development and Evaluation, Grant Writing, Government and Non-profit Management, Research, Social Justice, Advocacy)
- Supervision & Leadership
- Additional Topics (Housing/Homelessness, Gender-based Violence, Veterans Issues, Criminal Justice, etc.)
Dates to Remember
- Proposal Submissions Accepted starting: December 16, 2021
- Proposal Submission Deadline: Extended to January 15, 2022
- Conference Invitations by: January 31, 2022
- Final Day and Time Assigned by: February 9, 2022
- Session Materials Due: March 2, 2022
- MSSA 129th Annual Training Conference: March 16-18, 2022.
Students, please view the Student Poster Session and Showcase information for important dates.
Commercial / Promotional Presentations
Presentations must be educational in nature and may NOT sell or otherwise promote a product, service, or organization in which you have a financial interest.