Critical Conversations Series
MSSA's Critical Conversations series is an ongoing platform for MSSA members to learn about and engage in social justice issues and current events.
Leaning into Difficult Conversations
Tuesday, August 17, 2021
12:00 - 1:30 PM
We avoid difficult conversations because we don't feel prepared for them. It makes sense to avoid something that is difficult, but avoidance can mean the problem grows rather than goes away. In this session, we will review steps to make a potentially difficult conversation go according to plan with a direction and desired outcomes.
Learning objectives - Attendees will learn:
- How to prepare themselves for difficult conversations
- How to use inquiry and validation to hear someone out
- How to get curious without judging
- How to clarify their own position without minimizing others'
- How to engage in joint problem solving
Russ Turner, People Incorporated Training Institute
Free for student members | $10 for members | $30 for non-members
Sunday, August 15 at 11:59 PM
Participants can earn up to 1.5 CEUs
- The Zoom webinar link will be emailed to all registrants on Monday, August 16
- The event will be recorded and made available to registrants after the live event