2020 Public Policy Summit
November 19, 2020
8:30 AM - 12:30 PM
FREE for members
$60 for non-members (includes a one-year MSSA professional membership). Join today!
We're making changes to the way we do our Public Policy Summit. This year's event will be held via Zoom on November 19, 2020. The event is free for members (and offers CEUs), will be all about giving you the tools you need to be a successful advocate for MSSA's legislative agenda, including giving you the knowledge, message, and building the confidence you need to advocate.
At this event you will:
- Learn legislative advocacy basics including who represents you, how a bill becomes a law, how legislators/lawmakers make decisions, and how we use our legislative agenda to advocate
- Learn about MSSA’s policy priorities including what they are and how to talk about them to your lawmakers, colleagues, and clients
- Learn how to engage in legislative advocacy including useful tactics, telling your story, and meeting with your lawmakers
- Meet your MSSA neighbors and network with them
- Have the chance to win prizes like a gift card to your favorite store!
- Hear from leaders in the field on telepresence, racial disparities in child foster care and adoption, and banning conversion therapy
- Walk away with a digital workbook you can use to guide your future advocacy work
Registration questions? Contact Suzanne at email@example.com. For questions on the day's events, email Michelle at firstname.lastname@example.org.