Current Opportunity - Director of Membership and Advocacy
For more information or to submit a resume contact Christina Zeise, Executive Director at email@example.com
Closing Date: May 18 2018
Word Document of Position Description Here
Required Education, Experience, Expertise and Skills
- Strong commitment to MSSA’s mission, values, and purpose
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Work, Public Policy, Public Relations, Membership/Volunteer Management or related field; with at least three years related work experience
- Ability to develop and maintain positive, high quality relationships
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, projects and priorities effectively and professionally
- Organized, able to attend to details and provide error free work products
- Familiarity with, and passion for improving Minnesota’s health and human service system
- Community organizing, advocacy, legislative or public policy knowledge
- Experience utilizing membership databases
The Director of Membership and Advocacy is an exempt employee who reports to the Executive Director and has primary responsibility for managing, implementing and executing membership activities and services to ensure a meaningful and positive membership experience for MSSA members. This position is also responsible for assisting and supporting the executive director with MSSA’s public policy and advocacy efforts.
- Ability to build, develop and maintain strategic relationships and partnerships both within and outside the association, with both individuals and agencies.
- Develop, coordinate, execute and monitor an annual membership recruitment and retention plan—to include individual and agency members
- Identify, research and analyze trends related to membership; create and administer membership surveys and evaluations
- Administer, promote and recruit member participation in various programs
- Recognize and promote members for accomplishments via social media and other media channels
- Organize grassroots engagement with members, partners, elected officials to further MSSA’s public policy and advocacy program
- Support the development of annual public policy priorities through research
- Develop strategies to inform and encourage members to advocate for MSSA’s public policy agenda
- Develop issue oriented advocacy communications
- Support MSSA regions and members by assisting with hosting legislators and candidates through meetings, conferences and town hall forums.
- Assist with efforts to train and support MSSA members to advance MSSA’s public policy priorities.
- Utilize social media, website, email, newsletters to engage MSSA membership and promote the public policy agenda
- Develop and implement a system to track membership and advocacy engagement
- Provide staff support to assigned committees
- Assist with conferences and educational events as needed
- Provide outreach and support to regions by responding to requests for support, issues that arise, attend regional meetings. Some travel required.
- Respond to member requests, questions and feedback
- Oversee and staff the MSSA exhibit at tradeshows and conferences to promote MSSA membership and services
- Support the overall goals and objectives of MSSA through additional responsibilities as assigned