MSSA will award a $1500 scholarship for the 2019-2020 academic year to a graduate student enrolled in a health and human service related program. Applicants must have at least two semesters of college remaining during the 2019-2020 school year.
The applicants will be judged upon the following criteria:
- Has been accepted for admission, or is currently enrolled, in a graduate education program in the health and human services field
- Can demonstrate how s/he plans to use their degree in the health and human service field
- Is enrolled in a Minnesota, Wisconsin, Iowa, North Dakota or South Dakota college/university
- Possesses the ability to successfully complete the chosen course of study
- Demonstrate financial need
The Board of Directors, through the Membership and Diversity Committee is the administering body for the MSSA Scholarship Program. The review and selection of applicants is managed by the Awards and Scholarship Chair.
To apply applicants must provide the following:
- Complete answers to the questions on the application form
- A copy of most recent college transcript demonstrating the applicant received at least a 3.0 grade point average (unofficial transcripts will be accepted)
- One (1) letter of reference
Applicants are encouraged to be current members of MSSA. Student memberships are free for all full-time students enrolled in a health and human service related degree program. To register for your student membership, start here.
Scholarship application must be received by the MSSA office between April 1, 2019 and May 31, 2019.
Scholarship recipients will be published in various MSSA communications, including (but not limited to) the membership newsletter, website, and social media. Scholarship recipients will be asked to submit verification of attendance for the fall semester 2019.
Contact Marney at email@example.com or 651-789-4328 with questions.