MSSA Student Memberships
Free Student Membership
All full-time students seeking a degree in a health and human service related major or program are eligible for a free membership with MSSA. This is valid at any time during the students’ enrollment and for one year after graduation. Click here to join, or contact MSSA at email@example.com.
Student Member Benefits
- MSSA supports your education. MSSA supports future health and human service professionals through tuition discounts and our scholarship program.
- MSSA helps you launch your career. Students receive discounts on registration at our annual conference, which offers networking opportunities with over 3000 health and human service professionals and over 190 potential employers in our exhibit hall. Additionally, our Career Center provides access to hundreds of job opportunities across Minnesota.
- MSSA increases your professional network. MSSA members are connected to a statewide network of over 3000 health and human service professionals, including students from schools across Minnesota, and to local networks through MSSA’s regional chapters.
- MSSA introduces you to the health and human service field. As a member, you'll receive weekly updates with breaking news from the state capitol as well as trends and best practices in health and human services. Members also receive The Voice, MSSA’s quarterly print newsletter.
- MSSA builds your advocacy skills. MSSA's public policy and advocacy program gives you options to advocate for yourself and your clients. MSSA helps members understand the legislative process, move their issues forward, and connect with legislators and other stakeholders.
- MSSA fuels your passion. Each year, MSSA members recognize the unsung heroes of the profession, including outstanding students, at the regional and state levels with MSSA’s awards.
MSSA has partnered with Walden University and Concordia University to offer tuition discounts to members.
Experience the Concordia Partnership Advantage
At Concordia University, MSSA members are eligible for a $2,000 tuition discount and priority admission status upon enrollment into any online, cohort delivered undergraduate or graduate program at the university. Concordia University, St. Paul offers a host of unique benefits for students seeking to complete their degrees:
- Accelerated courses (seven-week terms)
- $2,000 tuition discount
- Online course delivery
- Dedicated online academic advisor to coach you in meeting your educational goals
- Generous credit transfer policy with no cap on credits
- No graduate entrance exam required for our graduate programs
- Ability to finish your degree in 14-22 months
For more information on the partnership visit http: //online.csp.edu/mssa.
Walden University Tuition Partnership Program
Walden University is pleased to partner with MSSA to support the educational goals of its members. Walden is committed to helping working adults continue their education so they can make even greater contributions in their organizations. Walden University is working to make education even more accessible for hard-working professionals in the health and human service field through a 10% tuition reduction for MSSA members. Walden University offers a fully accredited and online Master of Social Work program, as well as degrees in psychology, counseling, public health, public policy, nonprofit management, and more.
New students may also be eligible to combine their 10% discount through MSSA with other tuition reduction offers. Click here for more information or contact Walden University representative Julie Westcot at 952-381-1538 or firstname.lastname@example.org.