Submit Your 2020 Presentation Proposals
MSSA and the MSSA Conference and Education Committee would like to invite all interested speakers to submit your education presentation proposals for the MSSA 127th Annual Training Conference & Expo.
We are seeking energetic and engaging speakers and leaders who can share their knowledge, experiences and best practice techniques to provide professional development relevant to the health and human service field.
Submit your ideas for the opportunity to present at the conference and make a difference in communities across Minnesota. As an added bonus, lead speakers get a complimentary conference registration and a 1-year complimentary MSSA Membership!
The 2020 MSSA Annual Training Conference & Expo will take place in Minneapolis, Minnesota, March 11-13, 2020.
Submit a Presentation Proposal »
The presentation submission deadline has passed. Please contact Sharon
with any questions.
Students can submit a proposal for the NEW student poster session or a presentation for the Student Showcase Session. The student submission deadline is January 10, 2020.
Students - Submit a Poster or Showcase Proposal »
Learn more about student opportunities
at the conference and all year with MSSA.
Our goal is to fulfill the educational needs of our diverse audience by providing a selection of relevant topics addressed by knowledgeable presenters. Over 3,400 social service professionals attend this event including social workers, social service specialists, child and adult protection staff, psychologists, marriage and family therapists, professional clinical counselors, and others in the human services field. Approximately 80-300 people attend each session. Presentation proposals that are relevant to a cross-section of members are more likely to be selected, and a focus on MSSA’s Core Values of Social Responsibility, Equity, and Inclusion is appreciated.
Education Session Topics
We are accepting presentation proposals for 90 minute, 120 minute (Ethics only) and 1/2 day (3.25 hour) breakout sessions for this conference. The following topics will be the focus of our tracks in 2020:
- Adult Services (Adult Protection, Guardianship, Person-centered Planning, MnChoices Assessment, Aging, Supported Group Decision-making)
- Behavioral Health (Mental Health, Addiction/Recovery, Chemical Health)
- Child Well-Being (Child Protection, Adoption, Foster Care, Kinship, Licensing)
- Developmental Disabilities
- Diversity & Inclusion (Racial and ethnic disparities in systems, cultural education, LGBTQIA)
- Ethics (2 hours long)
- Gender-based Violence
- Health & Wellness (Self-care, Safety)
- Macro (Program Development and Evaluation, Grant Writing, Government and Non-profit Management, Research, Social Justice, Advocacy)
- Supervision & Leadership
- Additional Topics (Housing/Homelessness, Veterans Issues, Criminal Justice, etc.)
Dates to Remember
- Proposal Submissions Accepted by November 1, 2019
- Proposal Submission Deadline: Thursday, November 21, 2019 at 11:59 p.m. CT
- Conference Invitations by: January 10, 2020
- Final Day and Time Assigned by: January 24, 2020
- Session Materials and Post-tests Due: March 2, 2020 for posting pre-conference or March 23, 2020
- MSSA 127th Annual Training Conference: March 11-13, 20 – Minneapolis, MN
Students, please view the Student Poster Session and Showcase information for important dates.
Commercial / Promotional Presentations
Presentations must be educational in nature and may NOT sell or otherwise promote a product, service, or organization in which you have a financial interest.